Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Travelling CoverBoo - international tides

Ok, So this post might be me reliving my past trip to Cuba. Oooohh - One week is NOT long enough !
I miss the sun, and the sand and of course the free flowing pina coladas !!!

It was our 1st international trip with our baby. Thankfully all the advice I got from Corrine from "Have Baby Will Travel" eased all my anxieties !  http://havebabywilltravel.com/about/

We spent the week in Veraderro. It was a 5 1/2 hr flight - plus the couple few hours before & after arrvial .. So it makes for a pretty long day. But I must say - Baby N is a fantastic traveller. We always see the other passengers faces when they see that they are going to spend the next few hours on a plane seated by a baby. That dreaded look.... then he smiles at them and its all over. I swear this kid had them like putty in his hands. He had a few little cries here and there - but we were armed with toy cars, a bottle, Goldfish Crackers, Baby Gourmet ( http://babygourmet.com/ ) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that stuff.... and of course when all else fails the CoverBoo !

It definately came in handy for the flight ! They had the AC cranked in the plane so the CoverBoo doubled as blanket for both me & N ! He did manage to take a short nap during the the flight - and I could watch the movie is peace.

When We finally landed and got ourselves settled in the hotel it was sunset - but we needed rest for all the beach time and pool time and all the other adventures we had in store the whole week !



CoverBoo by the pool !!
and CoverBoo on the Beach


How do you wear your CoverBoo ? 
I was forever finding different ways to wear it. At one point I had it wrapped around my head like a bandana, of course my camera battery was dead.

Anyway -- we managed to find Al Capone's old beach house - which is now converted into a lovely restaurant.... Oh if those walls could talk.





We took a day trip on a Catamaran - went snorkling, headed out to Cayo Blanco for a Grilled lobster lunch and went swimming with the dolphins !!

 


We Brought along our Mei tei Buckle carrier as this little big boy gets pretty heavy.
And the Catamaran can go pretty fast and it can get pretty windy out there.
he looked pretty cozy !



It was an all day event ! Pretty tiring !
It was a long exciting day, lots to look at -
the CoverBoo provided a nice little private place for him to hide a bit and get some nap time


oh - I just wanna gobble him up !!!

I finally got my fresh coconut !!!



 




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fantastic time! And that everything went smoothly with your little one too. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete