Saturday 28 January 2012

Mini CoverBoo Fashion Show for PPD Awareness @ WEM !

How many people know what PPD is ?
Well it stands for Post Partem Depression. I guess sometimes after birth, some women have some trouble with their emotions. I did.... at the time I didnt think I did.... But I did. The degree varies from person to person. I suppose lack of sleep will do that to a person.
I found myself getting into my truck and driving somewhere just to cry. ( I dont normally cry infront of people ... unless its a particularly good episode of Greys Anatomy) Anyway,  I did that more than a couple times. One day I found myself in a super zombie like state and decided to go to the family health clinic to talk to someone. We talked for a while and she managed to calm me down a bit, and she told me about a group down the street I could go and talk to.So I went - and the women there where great, supportive, non-judgemental and just really ..... open. That was almost 9 months ago ... and I still go to meet up with them, as I have made some great friends with them and my son has come to know & play with their kids too. These ladies were the first moms I showed the CoverBoo to. With their kind words of support I dove into this Project.....and Here I am today

For More information about PPD and support groups around Edmonton, Please click on the website below:





Well today, I had the opportunity to "Give Back" and help promote PPD awareness. There was an event at West Edmonton Mall to educate people of the signs & symptoms to watch for regarding PPD.
I had a booth with some new CoverBoos and a handful of some wonderful women to help model the CoverBoos ! Meet the Belles of  CoverBoo !!!




 
The Lovely Robyn, sporting not one but two ways to wear the CoverBoos
One as a light fashionable scarf and one tied to a purse strap !


The Beautiful Stefanie, mother of a gorgeous little Boy and expecting another litle bundle in a couple of months .. also a blogger for http://meant2bemama.com/
She's my most fave customer ! She already has 3 different CoverBoos !!!

I was delighted to meet Nathalie & Her new baby daughter today as she volunteered
to model her new Red CoverBoo at the show !

            
The Radiant Ms. Zita !
Sporting one of the Blue Plaid CoverBoos !
One of my most supportive cheerleaders !!



And the Stunning Ms. Corri !
No longer in the Nursing phase of motherhood -
But can still strike a pose with the CoverBoo !


Special thanks to my two Gorgeous Cousins to took the time to man my booth & entertain my little boy while my dear husband took photos of all of us at during the fashion show !
I must confess though - I really was a bit nervous as I don't do much public speaking.
I really should have wrote down some key points to talk about instead of just "wingin it "
But I think it still turned out OK.


All in all it was a fun day - I had the chance to showcase the CoverBoo Nursing Scarf in a Great venue for a good cause. I was also meet many new vendors and touch base with a couple of people who I will be collaborating with in the near future !!!

Special Shout out to Urban Chickadee Bump Camp and Sweet Momma Spa !
We'll talk again soon !

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE !!!!!




2 comments:

  1. What a great day for you and for CoverBoo! I love how, in the last picture of me, Sam is completely latched AND nursing away comfortably, while my body is covered up! CoverBoo is a cover that works for moms AND babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like this went really well - I'm so happy for you€!

    ReplyDelete